Date:      Thu, 3 May 2001 09:25:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ftp-master method

> From: jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
> To: Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
> Subject: Re: ftp-master method
>
> i highly recommend using cvsup to manager the FreeBSD-CVS tree as well
> as all the branches tree.  IMHO it's a bit tricker to setup and maintain
> CVSup if you haven't before, but it handles those trees much better
> than rsync.

Idle and probably dumb question...  Why keep them in the FTP archive
at all?  Sorry if this has been beaten to death before, I've only been
on the list for a month and I only checked through this year's
archived messages to "get caught up"...  I've been running unpublished
ftp-mirror and cvs-mirror machines for a while now and haven't been
able to figure out why the FTP archive needed to overlap the CVSup
servers for the above mentioned stuff but figured there was probably
some reason.  The only reason I got up the nerve to ask was there seem
to be some growing pains being worked out and maybe this was an old
artifact no longer necessary but nobody has thought about it recently.

	 ken