Date:      Fri, 01 Sep 2017 18:53:50 +0200
From:      Tobias Kortkamp <tobik@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some github projects aren't fetchable using commit hash

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017, at 18:24, Yuri wrote:
> FYI:
>

> Some github URLs that ports framework uses to fetch by hash fail with no
> apparent reason. Here are two examples:
>

> https://codeload.github.com/grame-cncm/guidolib/tar.gz/2ec126d
>
> https://codeload.github.com/libretro/picodrive/tar.gz/40cd7bc
>

> I've contacted GitHub, they acknowledged the problem, but offered no
> solution besides of "we are working on this". Below is my communication
> with GitHub support.

In libretro/picodrive there are two objects which have the same
abbreviated hash.  Probably best to use the full hash.

$ git cat-file -p 40cd7bc
error: short SHA1 40cd7bc is ambiguous
hint: The candidates are:
hint:   40cd7bc4 commit 2017-08-18 - Add this to pico.h
hint:   40cd7bc9 blob
fatal: Not a valid object name 40cd7bc