Date:      Fri, 10 Feb 1995 09:15:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Alex R.N. Wetmore" <aw2t+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: My iozone results

Excerpts from internet.computing.freebsd-hackers: 10-Feb-95 Re: My
iozone results by Amancio Hasty Jr@netcom.
> >I thought you were still having problems with the card timing out.
>
> I am having problems in fact I am using my adaptec 1542c right now.

You get that speed with a 1542c?  How?  I'm running a 1542c with a
Micropolis 4110S (should be about the same speed as your empire, its
5400 rpm, 8.5ms seek) and I get really piddly speeds (around 1 meg/s).
Also on the bus are two SCSI1 components, a NEC CDR-210 (shitty CD-ROM
drive too, because it won't generate parity and doesn't support
disconnection), and a Archive Viper 6150 (which seems like a fairly
decent 150 meg tape drive).  SCSI bus is set to 5megabytes/sec and my
ISA bus is set for 8mHz.

This is under NetBSD, but the drivers should be the same.  Maybe its
time to pull other stuff off of my SCSI bus and see what happens.

alex