Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 23:35:41 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@HiWAAY.net>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/9422

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Mike Meyer wrote:

# Well, I've not worked with the handbook, so I don't know the
# format. But I'd expand it just a bit:
#
# Make sure your environment is set up so that adding known good
# packages with "add_pkg <i>packagename</i>" works properly, or "make
# package" and "add_package `make package-name`" may fail for reasons
# unlreated to the port you're doing.

I'll try to work something up this weekend.  I'm a little swamped
at work right now.

# Having done that, are you the person I should turn to for help with a
# strange port? Got it working, but there's a step I can't automate in
# the build process (nuts, I'm not sure I can do it at *all* on a
# FreeBSD box). To wit, the distribution archive is encrypted, and you
# have to send email agreeing to the license before the author will send
# you the decryption password. I've got no idea how to encode that step.

You might take the approach that a few other ports have and
require the user to manually retrieve the distfile and stick
it (unencrypted) in the right place.  There are several examples
in ports/security, as well as ones like net/socks5 that might
help.

-steve

# 	Thanx,
# 	<mike