Date:      Mon, 01 Nov 2004 16:18:01 +0100
From:      Martin Nilsson <martin@gneto.com>
To:        Hackers-list-bsd <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Cc:        re@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: EHCI Kernel Panic w/ 5.2.1-RELEASE Kernel

Martes Wigglesworth wrote:
> My kernel panic seems to come from the usb port actually having a device
> in the port, at boot.  When I do not have a device in the port, bootup
> continues, however, my usb ports are not usable.  This is my dmesg
> output.

I have the same problem with a SeverWorks P3 machine and a 7in1 USB
cardreader. It panics at the end of kernel init if the cardreader is
plugged into the machine. This machine does not have EHCI controller or
USB 2.0

I don't know if this considered a showstopper for 5.3R but it can be
very confusing if you don't know what is causing the panic! Not a good
first FreeBSD experience!

	/Martin