Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2007 09:55:13 -0700
From:      "Maksim Yevmenkin" <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
To:        tscmga@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is it easy to write an program to make FreeBSD supoort Headset ?

On 4/25/07, zhengzhi <tscmga@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>       I want to use my headset in FreeBSD now. I 've read some documents about
> bluetooth , headset profile .Headset Control is the higher level layer of
> SDP and RFCOMM ,and not complex.FreeBSD supports SDP and RFCOMM.
>   So What I have to do is  implement the Headset Control layer and wrap it as
> a audio device ?

1) sco support in ng_ubt(4) - some code exists but was not committed

2) sco sockets support - some code exists but was not committed

3) figure out a clean and good way to plug bluetooth sco into audio subsystem

4) actually implement headset profile

item 1 to 3 are definitely kernel work. implementation of item 4
largely depends on implementation of item 3 and may or may not be in
userspace.

thanks,
max