Date:      Tue, 13 May 2003 21:17:35 -0400
From:      mj001 <mj001@rogers.com>
To:        Zainal Abidin <zainal@lug.stikom.edu>
Cc:        Murali Menon <yenyumyum@fastmail.fm>
Subject:   Re: Freebsd 5 CD 2

Zainal Abidin wrote:
> # mj001 <mj001@rogers.com wrote :
> # -------------------------------
> #
> # It contains a complete live filesystem.  You can use it to
>                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> # help repair broken systems, as it has a complete set of
> # all the system binaries, and a generic kernel, and much more.
>
> Hello i'm newbie too, so can you explain more about
> "complete_live_filesystem". In CD 2 FreeBSD 5
>

> Merci beaucoup!
>

> ---
> jh@

As suggested by others, mount it and read it.  The command
mount /cdrom will work if /cdrom exists as an empty
directory, and if /cdrom is defined in the /etc/fstab file.
If not, do the following, as root:

mkdir /cdrom
mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0c /cdrom
cd /cdrom
ls -l

(This assumes your CD is acd0c; you can run the command
dmesg to get a list of devices if you need to).

You can then look around on the CD.  It contains a copy
of all the files that get created on your hard disk when
you install FreeBSD; such as all those in /bin, /sbin
and many more.

Now - I shall probably get jumped on by others for replying
to questions on the newbie list, so I had better stop!