Date:      Wed, 22 Sep 1999 00:59:20 -0400
From:      "C J Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
To:        "Claude Buisson" <ubc@paris.framatome.fr>, "Marius Strom" <marius@alpha1.net>
Cc:        "Alex Povolotsky" <tarkhil@asteroid.svib.ru>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: make release grabbig all ports?

Not to reopen this issue, but I just did a make release today (3.3-RELEASE).
Not only did it copy all of my /usr/ports/distfiles (1.7GB) into
${CHROOTDIR}/usr/ports/distfiles, but it also copied them into
${CHROOTDIR}/R/ftp/ports as a tarball, AND also in
${CHROOTDIR}/R/cdrom/disc1/ports as a tarball.

(it didn't download them though, it just copied what was there)

Now, on one hand this makes sense for it to do this but on the other it
doesn't, who's heard of a cdrom with a 1.7gb tarball on it? (granted it's
not possible).

So, here is my question, is there some way to make a release without all the
distfiles?  I don't want to define NOPORTS because I wanted the ports dir
tree and I want to be able to make the documents, but I don't see anywhere
in the Makefile where it's possible to tell it not to copy the distfiles
over.

Thanks,
Chris