Date:      Sun, 17 May 1998 11:58:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      BEAUPRE Antoine <beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   perm denied on lpt0?????

Hello ya guys!

I got a &*(^% of a problem. I don't understand why my lpt0 port is giving
me permission denied...  One moment I got it, and I'm setting up my
printer ( ... filters, 'know how much fun it is...), the second later,
cat myfile | /dev/lpt0
is giving me :
/dev/lpt0: permission denied.

these are the perms on /dev/lpt0 and lpctl0:

crw------- [...] root wheel [...] /dev/lpctl0
crw------- [...] root wheel [...] /dev/lpt0

remaking the devnodes does nothing, nor does lptcontrol -i -u 0, nor does
rebooting. The port is there and recognized in the kernl.

What_is_going_on?

please help me!!!

|  Free the world from businessmen  |
|   Free yourself from your money   |