Date:      Sun, 24 Feb 2008 19:45:34 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        amatus@gnu.org
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about updating guile to 1.8

--=-vA6Y9vLgn1NiPiMc1qkA

On Sun, 2008-02-24 at 14:24 -0800, Amatus wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I'm working on updating lang/guile to 1.8.

Excellent.

>  I've basically got that
> working but there are several other ports that refer to
> ${LOCALBASE}/share/guile/1.6 that will need to be fixed. These are:
> security/lsh
> lang/slib-guile
> finance/gnucash
> I've just started doing port development so I'd like to ask what is the
> correct way to fix these ports. What do you guys think of the attached
> patch for lang/slib-guile?

This patch is okay.  But note that GUILE_VERSION is not expanded until
it is used in sh.  That is, GUILE_VERSION does NOT equal "1.8".  You
will not be able to make it equal "1.8" until it is interpreted by sh.
The way you're using it here is fine, though.

As for the command itself, it should probably be:

`${LOCALBASE}/bin/guile-config info guileversion | ${CUT} -f 1-2 -d .`

Are you in a position to be run-time testing these ports with the new
guile?  Once you're done with your work, do you want to be the guile
maintainer?

Joe

--=20

--=-vA6Y9vLgn1NiPiMc1qkA