Date:      Sat, 18 Feb 1995 06:31:45 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, grady@xcf.Berkeley.EDU
Subject:   Re: query-pr. please!

But what about attachments?  This doesn't solve, IMHO, the most
crucial problem.  We need a way of associating DATA with these
`problem reports', be that data a gzip'd tarball, sharchive, text
file, whatever.  Isn't there already a standard table of MIME encoding
for all of this?  We may just need to bump up the abilities of our
standard mail environment a little to have all this happen, I don't
know.  I'm not a MIME expert.  Actually, I've Cc'd someone who is so
maybe we can drag HIM into this discussion! :-) [Steven: It's
concerning what to do to get more than the simple "send a text
message" functionality provided by send-pr in GNATS, which is what
we're using for problem reporting.]

					Jordan

P.S.  Steven again: Boy!  Sure could use a man who was good with PERL
around here! :-)