Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 1996 16:19:57 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org, isdn@muc.ditec.de
Subject:   Re: Any ISDN-BRI cards work under FreeBSD?

> > In Germany and other parts of Europe, the Teles S0 and compatible
> > boards are supported.  They *should* work in the US

They will not work in the US, simply because in Europe the NT is supplied
by the Telecom's whereas in the US the NT has to be supplied by the user
or by the device; the "user" interface in Europe is the S0 bus, in the
US it is the Uk0 interface. A Teles bought in Europe has a S0 interface.

There is a chance to get a Teles working in the US by also carrying an
NT for every card with you, but i doubt this setup will work because of
timing differences in the US.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                hm@kts.org                    Hamburg, Europe