Date:      Sat, 07 Feb 2015 13:57:10 +0000
From:      opendaddy@hushmail.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Segfaults after `freebsd-update fetch install` on DigitalOcean

Hello!

Ran `freebsd-update fetch install` on FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE a while back, now I'm getting `segmentation fault` for commands like `file`.

I did receive an email from DO support saying I should "power cycle my VPS from their control panel" after running `freebsd-update fetch install`, which I did, but the problem is still there.

Not sure if related:

% dmesg:
Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/gpt/rootfs [rw,sync]...
WARNING: / was not properly dismounted
WARNING: /: mount pending error: blocks 304 files 3
Failed to write core file for process file (error 14) -- pid 710 (file), uid 1001: exited on signal 11

Thanks!

O.D.