Date:      Mon, 19 May 2003 19:14:39 +0530
From:      "shrikant" <shrikant@corp.123india.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Problem Binding the IP address.to the NIC....

I was configuring the secondary IP address for my server , before doing =
any thing I always had a backup of the original running config Files so =
i had a backup of rc.conf  .
I added the secondary IP address to the rc.conf ,and gave a reboot for =
the secondary IP address to get activated .
On reboot I was not able to connect the machine thru SSH as it used to =
before the configuration changes were made.
Looking at this i went to my FreeBSD box physicaly and logged in to the =
root account , I then thought of replacing the original rc.conf as i was =
not able to figure out any problem .So did I .
Then gave a reboot for the changes .
Then tried to ping the machine from another machine on the same network =
,but was not able to ping or SSH it .
So i went back to the machine physically logged in and tried to ping =
other machines in the network,I was not able to ping .
then I checked pinging the loopback address ,that too i was not able to =
ping.
It seems that my IP address is not binding to the NIC card .

Is there any solution for this .