Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:29:33 +0200
From:      Vallo Kallaste <kalts@estpak.ee>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pkgconfig failure repeatable, further info

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 03:02:28PM +0200, Vallo Kallaste <vallo> wrote:

> # Actually configure libtool.  ac_aux_dir is where install-sh is found.
> CC="$CC" CFLAGS="$CFLAGS" CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS" \
> LD="$LD" LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS" LIBS="$LIBS" \
> LN_S="$LN_S" NM="$NM" RANLIB="$RANLIB" \
> DLLTOOL="$DLLTOOL" AS="$AS" OBJDUMP="$OBJDUMP" \
> ${CONFIG_SHELL-/bin/sh} /ltconfig --no-reexec \
> $libtool_flags --no-verify --disable-ltlibs  --disable-shared /ltmain.sh $lt_target \
> || { echo "configure: error: libtool configure failed" 1>&2; exit 1; }
>
> Seems that there's missing a point before the slash. Ltconfig is
> present in the ~work/pkgconfig-0.15.0/glib-1.2.8 only and the whole
> thing happens to run in the same directory. Why the configure script
> is broken I have no idea.

When I remove the pkgconfig build directory and run 'sh
/home/vallo/bundle-env.sh make configure' then it works and sets the
ac_aux_dir to absolute path /usr/local/share/libtool/, which is
right I guess. Does it matter that I don't have either autoconf nor
automake installed at the time pkgconfig is built? Somehow the
ac_aux_dir will be not set or is unset at pkgconfig configure time.
This is all related to the wrapper script and procedure I'm using to
build my bundle, but I guess this is a bug somewhere. This bug shows
up only when the bundle is built from the beginning, does not happen
when I run 'make package' under wrapper in the
/usr/ports/devel/pkgconfig only.
--

Vallo Kallaste