Date:      Fri, 9 Sep 2016 15:02:16 -0400
From:      "Karl Vogel" <vogelke@pobox.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X+webkit = Disgraceful

On Fri, Sep 09, 2016 at 01:19:40AM -0800, CK wrote:

> And guess what?  THE WEB DOESN'T LOOK ANY BETTER
> TODAY THAN THEN (with the exception of server-side
> font control - which - apparently, took a whole new
> fucking language to fix (CSS) instead of a trivial
> fix to the FONT SIZE attribute specification).

  Actually, CSS fixes a lot more problems than it causes.
  Just because certain companies in the Pacific Northwest
  won't follow standards doesn't change that.

> Somebody needs to develop an anti-JS "webkit"
> that destroys all of the JS-BS in webpages, and
> filters out the essential images+links+functionality,
> without regard to placement/organization for those
> websites that promulgate this garbage...

  If you use Firefox, download NoScript and watch your
  browsing life get waaaay better.

--
Karl Vogel                      I don't speak for the USAF or my company

I will stop talking about the twelve inch pianist.
                                    --written on blackboard by Bart Simpson