Date:      Sun, 07 Apr 1996 15:43:55 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CTM of CVS and disk space

: > Does anybody know if something like this is going to happen any time
: > soon?  Has it happened and did I miss the announcement?  Are
: > volunteers needed to make it happen, and if so, is there a contact
: > point?
:
: Do I see a hand there?  It looks like I do, and it sure looks a lot like
: Warner is willing to head the effort and *become* the contact point.
: What a guy! *grin*

Yes.  I'd be willing to help out in this effort, but I don't know if I
have the time needed to lead and drive the effort.  If all it takes is
enough disk to have both NetBSD-current and FreeBSD-current online and
diffable at the same time, then I can do it, program by program if
need be.

I don't know that even if I had the time if I'd have the computing
resources to host something like this.  I have only a 33.6kpbs link to
the net right now, and only about 600M of disk that can be devoted to
a project like this, and I run FreeBSD only, so I'd not be able to
verify any merged thing would work on NetBSD because I don't have
another machine that has the power to do a make world.

However, I do have the time, skills and desire to help in any efforts
at merging the user land code, should such efforts be hosted
elsewhere.  I'm not sure what kind of political battles I'd be getting
into, especially with OpenBSD out there as well....

Just fyi:
	diff -u netbsd-current/src/bin/cat freebsd-2.1R/src/bin/cat | wc
	173     703    4227
so this may be somewhat non-trivial....

Warner