Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 1998 20:25:41 -0300
From:      "Marco Shaw" <marco@nbnet.nb.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   HELP! no shell

I just installed my system today.  I prefer the BASH shell, so I immediately
changed my shell (root) to BASH.  I presumed that it was in /bin/bash and
already installed, BUT it wasn't.  Now I can't login as root, I just get
kicked back to the login prompt, and I can't 'su' to root because the groups
aren't setup right!

How can I get in without reinstalling?  My friend suggested I boot a kernel
from the floppy, but how can I get one?  I only have the boot floppy and no
'emergency floppy'.

Any help would be appreciated,
Marco