Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:49:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      ctodd@chrismiller.com
To:        Dave Myron <lists@orangechicken.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Problem with FastTrak S150 SX4-M

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Dave Myron wrote:

> I'm getting that same exact error with an onboard Promise 20378 (on an
> Asus P4C800).
<snip>
> On this Promise controller I have two drives on one cable on the P-ATA
> (PRI_RAID) IDE interface. Both S-ATA devices are not in use. During
> POST, the drives are both correctly identified and enumerated.
<snip>
> If I disable the Promise controller then everything boots fine.

I just wanted to throw this out there, I've got an Asus A8V with the same
Promise controller and the system boots fine. However, I only have SATA
drives (mirror) (no PATA drives) and two CDROM/DVD drives.

Does your MB by chance have a PATA raid connector? It's an IDE connector
that's red, but it's meant to raid two PATA drives. Just curious if your
PATA drives are connected to the primary IDE bus, or to this parallel raid
bus. Just a thought.

Chris