Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:41:13 -0400
From:      Mike Galvez <mike@outawhack.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Error message from Cron using rsync

Greetings,

I'm having trouble using rsync (most likely user error). I am using 4.4
Release with rsync version 2.5.5.

I can run the following command (as root) and I get the expected results;

/usr/local/bin/rsync -avz --delete /usr/home/jd/public_html/ www-09:/usr/home/jd/public_html

however, when I run it from root's crontab I get the following error.

Failed to exec ssh : No such file or directory
rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at util.c(162)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(150)

I have read through the man page and searched google and didn't find anything specific. I
appreciate any help the list can provide.

Thanks

--
Michael Galvez

"... And remember: if you don't like the news, go out and make some of
your own."
        	-- "Scoop" Nisker, KFOG radio reporter
		   Preposterous Words