Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 16:07:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Zhiui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
To:        clooney@oltrelinux.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and LiLO

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 clooney@oltrelinux.com wrote:

> Hi
> I'm a newer FreeBSD's user and i tried to boot FreeBSD by LiLO.
> I add the options in the lilo.conf but when I try to boot FreeBSD
> LiLO return 'Reading Error'

Lilo can boot FreeBSD with no problem.  The following is my
/etc/lilo.conf.   Make sure you specify the correct /dev/hdaxxx for the
FreeBSD partition and run lilo to make /etc/lilo.conf effective. If still
not work, try re-install FreeBSD and choose "leave MBR alone".

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
linear
default=redhat

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.14-5.0
	label=redhat
	read-only
	root=/dev/hda8

other=/dev/hda1
	label=win98

other=/dev/hda3                <-- This is my FreeBSD partition
	label=freebsd

other=/dev/hda6
	label=mandrake

-Zhihui