Date:      Tue, 28 Dec 1999 10:46:02 -0600
From:      "Alejandro Ramirez" <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        "Ariel Burbaickij" <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Copying freebsd slice of shared disk to larger and dedicated tofbsd one.

Hi,

> > > I poses 6.4GB HD which is sliced as follows:
> > > 2Gb to windows 95
> > > 4.4 to fbsd3.2
> > > I have oportunity to choose at boot-up which operating system to run.
> > > I use fbsdloader fot this purpose.
> > > I decised that i do not need any crutches any more and can go by
myself.:)
> > > What i want to do is to copy the fbsd slice to 12gb large hd that will
> > > be entirely dedicated to it.Yes,I HAVE read appropriate articles in
fbsd
> > > diary and i will do something simmilar.One point is not clear to me
> > > though:As far as I have understood the persons in article have copied
> > > from one dedicated disk to another one.With regard to this I would
like
> > > to ask:Does some pecularities exist that have to do with boot-sektor?
> >
> > No, just fdisk your new disk, label it, restore your system, and make it
> > bootable.
>   ^^^^^^^^^
>   Exactly this is the point would you then please describe the
>  procedure of making new disk bootable in this particular situation in
>  more detail?

Ok, you can do it with sysinstall, or with DOS fdisk, with fdisk you have to
boot from a DOS floppy and run fdisk, there its an option that says "Make an
active partition" or something like that, in sysinstall, in the fdisk
section, just select the entry that conforms your partition in the disk, and
press "s", then press "w" to write the changes to the disk.

Have Fun...
Ales