Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 1997 20:10:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@CS.Duke.EDU>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        se@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: code talks:  announcing EIDE bus master patches

Michael Smith writes:
 > Andrew Gallatin stands accused of saying:
 > >
 > > I suppose this is as good a time to ask as any: I have a FreeBSD
 > > driver 95% done for Myrinet cards such as this.  Who can I talk to
 > > about the possibility of getting it committed to -current?  There are
 > > some sticky issues that may prevent its inclusion (specifically
 > > GPL'ed libraries that are required to communicate w/the vendor
 > > supported "firmware" that runs on the card & which I cannot think of a
 > > clean way to build).
 >
 > The GPL'd libraries won't prevent it being included; there is a
 > precedent for handling useful GPL kernel components.
 >
 > If nobody else sticks their hand up, I'd be happy to do the actual
 > grunt work involved in committing it.

Thanks for the offer!

Let's take this dialogue offline for now.. There are some details I'd
like to talk about w/you that I don't want to bore everybody with.

Drew

Andrew Gallatin				http://www.cs.duke.edu/~gallatin
Duke University				Email:		gallatin@cs.duke.edu
Department of Computer Science		Phone:		(919) 660-6590