Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2000 19:20:30 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Micke=20Sundberg?= <mickebsd@yahoo.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sysinstall starts on startup

I don't know whats wrong but /stand/sysinstall is
starting on startup.
I first thought that it was a bug in 3.4 but I have
same problem in 4.0
After I had re-installed fbsd 3.4 I always remaned the
/stand/sysinstall to fucksysinstall then it didn't
start on startup.
If I exit sysinstall the system is rebooting so I
can't do much.
People say that I should use "Fixit -> Shell" and
mount all partitions.
But "mount" don't work in that and it is only read
only.
sysinstall is probably starting from /etc/rc but I
can't open it because I have no editor.
and I _DON'T_ have a CD in my cdrom _OR_ FLOPPY in
floppy drive 101% sure!!

hope someone can help me because this is really
annoying I don't know how many times I have reinstall
FreeBSD but it's many times because of the problem!

thanks /Mikael