Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 2003 03:58:02 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: What Happend to gd2 Port?

# drew@mykitchentable.net / 2003-09-10 16:43:31 -0700:
> I did find the cvsweb stuff but do not understand what I'm looking at.
> I see directories like "files", "scripts",

    files/ directories mostly contain patches, scripts/ contain, erm,
    miscellaneous scripts. see the porter's handbook.

> and "attic".

    that is a cvs concept. a file that's been removed from cvs is put in
    an Attic dir in the repository (/home/cvs/foo/bar.c becomes
    /home/cvs/foo/Attic/bar.c).

> The "Last log entry" just says "Main modification graphics/gd (based
> on 1.8.4)..." which I don't know how to interpret.

    you are getting confused by a text-only browser badly displaying
    the page. the "Main" is actually "MAIN", which is a label of the
    HEAD branch.

> Is there something I can read to learn about this?

    cvsbook.red-bean.com, and the official cvs manual ("The Cederqvist";
    sp?)