Date:      Sun, 07 Sep 1997 09:34:29 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@tri-lakes.net>
To:        Andrew Gordon <arg@arg1.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Problems with 16650 UARTs

On 07-Sep-97 Andrew Gordon wrote:
>On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Chris Dillon wrote:
>>
>> On 06-Sep-97 Andrew Gordon wrote:
>> > [16650 problems]

>I think your first diagnosis (flaky ISP) was probably correct.

Apparently I missed the part about you using 16650's.  The 16550 in my
Sportster is emulated and not discrete, and probably flawed in some way or
another. Needless to say, the problem I have is still annoying. :)
(annoying enough I've considered starting my own ISP...)
Funny how the exact same symptoms occur.

--- Chris Dillon
--- cdillon@tri-lakes.net