Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2007 06:57:13 -0800
From:      Micah <micahjon@ywave.com>
To:        Garrett Cooper <youshi10@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Google talk with voice?

Garrett Cooper wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2007, at 9:18 PM, Micah wrote:
>

>> Anyone know of a way to do voice chat with Google chat users? KDE's
>> Kopete is supposed to support gtalk's voice chat, but I can't get it
>> to work.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Micah
>
> Should be jabber. See: <http://www.google.com/talk/otherclients.html>;
> for more info and how to setup kopete properly.
> -Garrett

Sorry, I should have mentioned that text chat works fine in kopete,
voice chat does not. When either I or the other party initiates a voice
connection, it tries, and what I say gets played back on my end rather
broken up but never makes it to the other end. Then the voice session
terminates on its own. File transfers don't work either and, from what
I've read on jingle, voice chats and file transfers use the same technology.

Thanks,
Micah