Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2000 16:35:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      <keith@mail.telestream.com>
To:        Janko van Roosmalen <janko@compuserve.com>
Cc:        "Lynn, Tun" <TLynn@allstate.com>, "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: modem thing

I totaly second this. The ppp man page is the best man page I've ever seen
really. External modems rule not only for being sure it's not a winmodem
but you can actualy see the lights on the things which I've found very
helpfull in troubleshooting scripting problems and connections.
Best way to start is just fire up ppp and do a manual connection. Then you
can script it. The /etc/ppp files for some reason confused me more than
anything. A simple expect script can automate a manual dial pretty easily.

Keith

Keith W.
At the helm <for better or worse>

My non work related site