Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:06:40 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Mathieu Arnold <mat@freebsd.org>, dpam@zeroize.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FAILED: cd /usr/ports && make index versus WRKDIRPREFIX

At 4:23 PM +0200 4/14/04, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
>+-le 12/04/2004 15:46 +0200, dpam@zeroize.org a dit :
>| Hello,
>|

>| I got the following error when making a INDEX file of
>| the port collection.
>|
>| WRKDIRPREFIX=                   /usr/obj
>
>I'v had the worst difficulties when putting WRKDIRPREFIX in
>/usr/obj, I usually put it in /usr/pobj. I'd tring this.

I missed the beginning of this thread, but I do know that some
of the make-targets in /usr/ports will not work right if the
directory /usr/obj/usr/ports exists.  I filed a PR on it a long
time ago, and only recently realized that the earlier PR was
never really fixed.  (The person closed it thinking they had
committed my patch, but the patch was never really committed).

I recently filed a second PR on it.  I don't think that had
anything to do with making the INDEX files, but maybe a
similar fix is necessary somewhere.