Date:      27 Jul 1999 05:54:00 +0200
From:      maulwurf@subloch.medicusnet.de (Stefan Huerter)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Only 16MB RAM in a 200MB box

Guckux Ken

> Okay, a bit more info.  I've got 3 other boxes, all running 3.2,
> each sporting 128 MB RAM, and all using generic 3.2 kernel.  So now
> I need to compile a custom kernel just to use 200MB?  This is
> FreeBSD- not NT!

You have a PC! There are a lot of problems in this way, given through the
PC-architecture, and, take a look to the industry, M$, a real bad software
product company, thinking they are go(o)d, release PC-specifications, how
the hardware of y PC has to work, but looking at their specifications, USB
is recommanded and no other keyboards or mouses should bes supported
anymore. ugh! Booting Windows in the secure mode, the USB-driver wasn't
loaded, and now?

Bye
     Stefan