Date:      Wed, 2 May 2001 14:36:20 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Adrian Penisoara <ady@warpnet.ro>
To:        q <q2001@plasa.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cy0: port not found

Hi,

  I'm using a Cyclades Cyclom YeP PCI board (and a Ye ISA board too) and
it's working fine.

  You should have attached your kernel configuration file. It should have
looked like this:

device		cy
options 	CY_PCI_FASTINTR

  If you have any other parameters on the device line (like "at isa? port
?) you should remove them, they are used only for the ISA card model.

  Also make sure your cables are properly connected. You should test the
board with a DOS bootdisk[*] and the cytest tool found on the floppy disk
that came with the board (or you can download it from the Cyclades FTP
site).

[*] Be carefull about booting DOS on a system with FreeBSD installed in a
"dangerously dedicated" slice; DOS has the stupid behaviour of
reconstructing the partition table thus overwriting the first sectors of
your FreeBSD slic.

PS: please do not repost and keep your number of posted messages short,
there are many people subscribed to this list.

 RGDs,
 Ady (@warpnet.ro)
| "Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wuntime ewwors!" - Elmer Fudd |