Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 1999 17:26:00 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, fs@freebsd.org, Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>, David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP Reviewers. VFS changes to be committed.

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999 08:28:29 GMT, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> Am I to take it that silence is accpetance?  I'll be committing this
> to -current tonight or tomorrow unless I get feedback.

Recent discussions with bde and eivind indicate that at least some of
the code you're about to touch has one or more maintainers. Kirk
McKusick is probably one of them.

Make sure you contact the maintainers directly before smacking their
code.

Also, I'd suggest that it's a bad idea to say "if I get no feedback
before tonight, I'm committing". I think this applies even if it's not
the first time you've asked for review. Basically, timezones and stuff
make for a situation where such an e-mail is useless for many of your
readers.

Ciao,
Sheldon.