Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 20:29:35 -0500
From:      Rami AlZaid <lists@alzaid.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   nfsd Benchmark

Hello all,
         I'm currently running 4.3-BETA and I'm trying to benchmark nfsd
with iozone. When using a Linux machine (2.2.18) as the nfs client and a
FreeBSD machine as the nfs server, the whole FreeBSD machine hangs when
trying to benchmark and the only thing I could do is turn it off and turn
it back on again. The nfsd works fine in normal usage but it just hangs
when benchmarking. Does anyone know why would nfsd hangs the FreeBSD
machine when trying to benchmark it? is this a bug?

Thanks

Rami AlZaid  <rami (at) alzaid (dot) com>  *  ICQ # 1071118
WebPages: www.alzaid.com  *  www.kuwait.nu  *  www.wooyeah.com