Date:      Tue, 2 Dec 1997 21:27:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        sos@FreeBSD.dk, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp, jkh@time.cdrom.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.5 problems

I have a 3D3000 now running under 2.2.5-STABLE on a tyan titan pro.  About
4 months ago when I built the machine I noticed a few oddities involving
xdm and the S3V server - maybe the xdm screen not coming up clearly after
ending an X session?

Using XFree86 Version 3.3.1 I found that the new s3_virge support in the
SVGA server worked really well for me and the problems went away.  I wish
I could remember more clearly what the thrash was all about but I did get
relief by switching to the SVGA server.

Sorry I can't be more specific but you might give that a try.

-Chris