Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2002 17:47:26 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mouse highlighting in latest stable

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 05:40:15AM -0600, D J Hawkey Jr wrote:
> In article <20020304222236.GB7620_raggedclown.net@ns.sol.net>,
> 	csfbsd@raggedclown.net writes:
> > Hello,
> > I have a USB mouse.
> > I keep pretty up to date with stable.
> > Since the last update, say 3 days ago I have noticed something
> > odd. When I highlight some text with the mouse, and then paste it, the
> > area of the screen where I highlighted the text remains highlighted even
> > when the screen changes (such as when moving through messages in mutt).
> > Typeing ctrl/L in mutt clears it, but it is starting to irritate me :)
> >
> > Any clues ?
>
> Conformance with the console cursor?  :-)
>
> Seriously, I don't know, 4.5-REL doesn't do this in X, but this has been
> true of the console cursor since [at least] 4.2-REL, and I find it rather
> irritating, too.

I meant the console cursor.
Oh, well I have only just started noticing it.
I only ever use Mutt to read mail, so I am sure I would have noticed
it before.
Maybe I need an optician ?
In fact fiddling with the mouse now as I write this, it definitely seems
to have changed it's highlighting behaviour.
Mmm, a mystery.

--
Regards
   Cliff Sarginson -- <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>