Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 1996 20:14:35 +0000 ()
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        sai@ebara.co.jp
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Internet Server?

> Greetings.

Hello!

> Can the FreeBSD OS be used to configure the internet servers ( WWW, Mail,
> News, Ftp, Telnet, etc.).

Yes indeed, it's used by many Internet Service Providers across the
world; the most famous example is probably Walnut Creek's FTP
server, which can support up to 1250 simultaneous clients.

> I sorry for I do not know the differences between the FreeBSD are the UNIX.

When people ask me what FreeBSD is like, I often say it's what
SunOS4.1 could have become if Sun had not switched to a SystemV
based system.

If you go to http://www.freebsd.org/ you should be able to find
a page which lists the main features of FreeBSD.  If you have
any more questions, feel free to ask them on this list!