Date:      Sun, 8 Jan 2017 20:10:13 -0700
From:      Trent Thompson <trentnthompson@gmail.com>
To:        Piotr Kubaj <pkubaj@anongoth.pl>
Cc:        FreeBSD virtualization <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Booting 9front on bhyve

Piotr,
Thanks to work from Peter G, bhyve has been patched[1] to fix the PS/2
mouse issue in 9front. With this fixed, I was able to get 9front installed
and running from a bhyve virtual machine using virtio-blk emulation.  I was
even able to set up networking[2] with virtio-net. Using ahci-hd and Intel
1000 emulation did not work for me. I'd also like to note that I had better
success with partitioning the virtual hard drive as MBR in the installer,
over GPT. I have heard of GPT working for some people, though. I uploaded a
simple script to Gist[3] that I used to get this done, but as long as you
use Virtio drivers you should be fine.

[1] https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=311699
[2] https://twitter.com/pr1ntf/status/817895393824382976/
[3] https://gist.github.com/pr1ntf/fb62e316b3007f55590d2397a08b0e52