Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2014 03:49:55 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Charlie <cwr@SDF.ORG>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFCE User Switching

Hello all,

I recently bought an Intel NUC system to set up as "TV PC." FreeBSD 10
runs quite nicely on it, by the way!

Since this computer is going to be hooked up to my TV, I need to be able
to switch user accounts easily.

My desktop of choice is XFCE. I can't seem to get user switching to work,
though. I have GDM installed and enabled, as I thought this was a
requirement, but it still doesn't work. When I click on the "Switch User"
option, the screen just fades to my screensaver. I uninstalled
xscreensaver to see what would happen, and then it just flickers a few
times and nothing happens.

Typing "gdmflexiserver -ls" also just makes the screen flicker.

Any suggetions?

Thanks!

Charlie

cwr@sdf.org