Date:               Fri, 13 Oct 1995 08:23:38 -1000
From:      "Peter Stubbs" <PETERS@staidan.qld.edu.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:         load balancing ppp

Hi all,

I am running 2.0.5R on a DX4 100 APTIVA with 16mb as a httpd proxy
server & ip gateway in a school. Our connection to the net is across
a ppp line on a netcom M11F. At the moment only staff have access to
the net, so load levels are OK. Next year we will allow student
access so there will be a potential for about 100 concurrent users.
If I just add another ppp interface & modem to our ISP will freebsd
perform some sort of load balancing between the two? I know that
this won't be enough for 100 net-mad school kids, but it would be
better!

Does anyone have any other options? ISDN is VERY expensive here in
Australia, thousands of dollars per month, and more than we can
afford.

Thanks in advance,
Peter
Peter Stubbs, St Aidan's AGS. ph +61 07 3379 9911, fax +61 07 3379 9432