Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 1999 15:05:18 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        Andras Wappel <andras@kolumbus.fi>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hisaddr problem

Andras Wappel writes:
>1. Is there an archive of this list on the web ?

yes, see www.freedsd.org. If you look under the search item it will lead
to a page with all the mailing lists. You can search the lists.

>2. When the link goes down (ifconfig isp0 down), sometimes
>   I see messages on the console ( only emergency messages
>   are configured to go to the console ) like this:
>
>    i4b-L1-isic_isac_irq: unit 0: CRC error
>    i4b-L1-isic_isac_irq: unit 0: Receive Aborted error
>    i4b-L1-timer4_expired: state = F3 Deactivated
>
>    I can connect again after this message is output.
>    So is this a harmless message, or something is wrong with my card/driver/s
>etup ?

I suspect that this is a result of your downing the interface. Evidently
there was still traffic on the link, which you basically forcefully put
an end to. It's just an informational message and obviously is not an
indication of an error.

Somehow I get the impression that a lot of users do not trust the automatic
short hold mechanism (/etc/isdn/isdnd.rates). Believe me, it works just
fine and there's no need to manually shut down. I run 7/24 with i4b always
active and the Telekom is not making a fortune off of me ;-)

Of course, in Finnland it may be a different story.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de
Work - garyj@fkr.dec.com