Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:45:20 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.cc>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>, arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Adding support for a global src tree serial number

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 05:34:20AM -0800, Terry Lambert wrote:
> Uh... are you sure a cryptographic hash of the source
> you have is going to give enough information for a
> kernel hacker to recreate the binaries that are causing
> the problem that resulted in the bug report?
[snip]

The smileys indicate otherwise, but just in case: Maybe you missed
the

  ``OK, you caught me.  The last bullet was a joke.''

that followed my signature.

Cheers,
--
Jacques A. Vidrine <n@nectar.cc>                 http://www.nectar.cc/
NTT/Verio SME          .     FreeBSD UNIX     .       Heimdal Kerberos