Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:25:28 +0200
From:      Thomas Pornin <pornin@bolet.org>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Source of "processor correctable error"?

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 02:23:04AM +0200, Bernd Walter wrote:
> Right - it also hasn't to be main memory as D, I and B caches
> and some data paths are ECC protected too.

For what it's worth: one of the Multia box I once owned died with such
"correctable errors". Those would appear upon booting an OS, but SRM was
juste fine. There was an error code displayed with the error message;
after some in-depth searching through technical documentations and
mailing-lists, it turned out to be an error inside the TLB, which is
pretty bad since it is inside the CPU. Since the messages would appear
at a very high rate, booting would take forever (especially since I had
to use a serial console).

	--Thomas Pornin