Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:28:45 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ARRGH Netscape stinks!

Isn't Opera a nagware item?  IIRC you can only use it as long as you
are willing to deal with the shareware nag popups or else pay for it.
I'd rather use Nutscrape and deal with the hassles there - IMHO, its
just as good as Opera in the long run.

On 07/16/01 04:23 PM, James Greenhalgh sat at the `puter and typed:
> On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:07:51 +0100
> Alex Dyas <ADyas@twowaytv.com> wrote:

> > > Netscape 4.77
> > > I've tried
> > > deinstalled

> > > I've been using Mozilla since 0.9 release and have very few problems.
> > > Currently they're at 0.9.2.  I build from ports collection (rather
> > > than Mozilla's binary)
> >
> > The current Mozilla 0.9.2 has been steady as a rock for me.  Earlier .8.x
> > versions were admitidly shakey but this one has renewed my faith in the
> > project.  Renders like lightning too.  Give it a go (got my port from the
> > dutch mirror which tends to be more up to date ftp.nl.freebsd.org ).
> >
> > alex..
>
> My personal choice currently is Opera - which rules out looking at flash sites
> but I'm willing to live without that.  Mozilla renders quickly, but I find the
> UI itself to be astonishingly slow (on a dual p2-400..)
>
> james
>
> --
>
> find great crazy-mad out-of-head experience from japan.

Louis LeBlanc       leblanc@acadia.ne.mediaone.net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 ԿԬ

QOTD:
  "Even the Statue of Liberty shaves her pits."