Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2005 02:17:06 -0700 (MST)
From:      Mike Brown <mike@skew.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   impending port removal date coincides with new release

The current release version of 4Suite, an XML & RDF toolkit for Python, is
1.0a4.  If all goes well, we're going to release 4Suite 1.0b1 on Feb 15th.

The textproc/py-4suite port, years out of date and long broken, is scheduled
for deletion on Feb 18.  I will have a port for 1.0b1 ready soon after
release, maybe on the 15th or 16th, but obviously that would be cutting the
approval window a bit close.

I could submit a 4Suite 1.0a4 port right now (it's done), just to keep the
port from dying, but I would rather not have 1.0a4 floating around, if it can
be avoided.

What should I do? I think the simplest solution would be to just push the
removal date out by a couple of weeks. Is that an option?

Thanks,
Mike