Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2000 19:52:16 -0800
From:      "FreeBSD" <freebsd@gtonet.net>
To:        <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: load spike strangeness

Suggesting people use their real names in mailing lists, seems like a
security issue to me, while it's not an exploit, it's not safe or smart
(again IMHO).

>  > become required, I'd prefer to "unsubscribe" than to give that
> info out, as
>  > would any other intelligent person. I suggest you check your
> e-mail security
>  > information again before babbling nonsense.
>
> That's ridiculous.  You're making a fool of yourself.

You are entitled to your opinion.

> You will not receive less spam when hiding your real name.
> And using a real name does not prevent you from creating a
> new account, if you think that's necessary.

No but it does help in preventing identity theft, however little.

>  > Do
>  > you also use you real full name on IRC?
>
> Yes, I do.  For 5 years.  And there is no reason to hide it.
> (I'm not a criminal who has to hide from the police or
> something like that.)
>
>  > "LinSUX is only free if your time is worthless"
>
> While I'm at it:  I don't like that quote either.  :-)
>
> Goodbye
>    Oliver

I really don't care if you like it. I'd suggest not quoting it then. Are you
now the sig police? There are plenty of quotes I don't care for, but I'm not
whining about it. I might suggest taking this off the lists if all you plan
to do is flame.

FreeBSD
freebsd@gtonet.net

"LinSUX is only free if your time is worthless"