Date:      Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:03:26 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Svein Halvor Halvorsen <svein-freebsd-stable@theloosingend.net>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6vesd=E1n_G=E1bor?= <gabor.kovesdan@t-hosting.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rcNG issue

* K=F6vesd=E1n G=E1bor [2005-07-18 19:58 +0200]
:
>  And when I enable all the three scripts in rc.conf, the apache hangs bec=
ause
>  it can't resolve the computer's hostname. It's really annoying, I have t=
>  manually start it after a reboot, or wait for the cronscript that checks
>  whether it is running.
>  What's wrong?

I think this magic only works in /etc/rc.d. Try renaming your startup=20
scripts 100.named.sh, 200.apache.sh, etc. I'm not sure, but FreeBSD used=20
to run these scripts in /usr/local/etc/rc.d in alphanumeric order, and I=20
presume that this functionality is preserved in 5.x to allow for backwards=
=20
compatibility.

Svein Halvor