Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 1998 20:43:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Steven C Blair <blairs@seas.upenn.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Software

 Hello:

	I have been casually running FreeBSD as a development
 platform for some time. I would like to use FreeBSD on my
 desktop machine however I need certain types of software.
 Can anyone tell me if software exists for video capture
 and nonlinear editing, if so where. Also does FreeBSD
 support a smart & friendly 4006 cd writer. If so where
 can I find that software tool(s).

	I guess the more general question is where can I
 go myself to find these answers. I have tried searching
 the online documentation but not been successful.

 Thanks in advance,

 Steve