Date:      Sat, 25 Feb 95 14:27:51 MEZ
From:      Thomas Krebs <krebs@faps.uni-erlangen.de>
To:        ACSRAINS@ACS.EKU.EDU (Bob)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Anonymous FTP User Log

> I'd appreciate help in setting up my site so it logs all anonymous
> ftp's.  I've been through the O'reily manuals, and have found references
> to syslog and syslog.conf, but have been able to edit it to make it work
> for me.  If anyone could offer suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.
I did it by simply adding:
*.*	/var/log/messages
to /etc/syslog.conf.
I'm sure one could be more specific to only add the ftp-logs, but I don't know
how.
Additionally you should set the appropriate line in /etc/inetd.conf to:
ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/ftpd       ftpd -d -l

Thomas
--
Thomas Krebs
Department for Manufacturing Automation and Production Systems FAPS