Date:      Fri, 04 Dec 2009 01:09:58 +0100
From:      Claude Buisson <clbuisson@orange.fr>
To:        freebsd-maintainer@opera.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   What's going on at Opera ? or is it only me ?

Hello,

1) On November 2, I submitted a bug report (DSK-269766) to Opera concerning
Opera 10.01 for FreeBSD 6.4, namely that the binary was linked with

libstdc++.so.6
libgcc_s.so.1

which do not exist in FreeBSD 6.4,

and also with

libstdc++.so.5

which in the correct library in FreeBSD 6.4

So Opera could not be started, with the message:

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libstdc++.so.6" not found, required by
"opera"

I mailed again freebsd-maintener@opera.com on November 24, with no result.

The same problem exists with the recent Opera 10.10, the last usable (on FreeBSD
6.4) being 10.00

2) Today, I installed Opera 10.10 on a FreeBSD 7.2 system, and now the IPv6
connectivity is lost !!

On the same system:

Opera show me the "Network problem" screen, saying that http://ipv6.google.com/
in unavailable, and

Firefox connects perfectly to http://ipv6.google.com/

So, am I a perfect idiot, or Opera is unable to produce a working browser (at
least for FreeBSD) ?

Claude Buisson