Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 1999 15:22:12 +0800
From:      "aLan Tait" <aLan@fil.net>
To:        bford@tiger.cc.uop.edu
Subject:   [Fwd: in-addr.arpa: nearing the finish line! (I hope)]

Hi Bret,

You should post this to the ISP list.  But the ISP list
Admin. has black-holed me and Fil.Net without even ONE
warning for asking for a little pitty in the work I am doing
teaching the Congressman the FreeBSD is a better operating
system than WinNT.

He is the Chair of the House Committee on Telecomunication
and is now drafting regulations effecting the Internet.  I
would think the FreeBSD ISP Admin. would WANT to Help get
FreeBSD written into the Government's regulation, instead of
cutting off someone - WITHOUT EVEN ONE WARNING - who runs
the ONLY FreeBDS users group in the whole country.

Your addresses are
216.150.57.8/29
aka:
216.150.57.8   255.255.255.248

This gives you the useable addresses of
216.150.57.9-14

You forgot the subnet value route address and subnet value.
Take a look at:
ftp://ftp.ripe.net/rfc/rfc2317.txt

I also changed your serial number to remove the "." in the
format:
YYYYMMDDNN where NN is the serial number for that days
update (so don't make more than 100 changes on any one day!

A bigger problem will be your ISP's delegation.  I could not
find any delegation for the 57.105.216.in-addr.arpa. zone at
all.

aLan

$ORIGIN 8/26.57.105.216.in-addr.arpa.
                          	IN SOA dante.plover.org.
bford.dante.plover.org. (
				1999113000	; Serial
				10800		; Refresh after 3 hours
				3600		; Retry after 1 hour
				604800		; Expire after 1 week
				3600 ) 		; Minimum TTL of 1 hour

                                NS	dante.plover.
                                NS	ns1.pbi.net.

9                               IN PTR	ad9.plover.org.
10                              IN PTR	heather.plover.org.
11                              IN PTR 	thorin.plover.org.
12                              IN PTR	advent.plover.org.
13                              IN PTR	dante.plover.org.
14                              IN PTR	daman.plover.org.